Although equipment may vary, most gyms have abdominal crunch machines which are excellent for developing your abs. Machines are easy to use and provide a controlled way of doing this exercise.
How to do Abdominal Crunch Machine:
- Choose the appropriate resistance and position yourself on the ab machine. Most require you to place your feet under foot pads and grab support handles above your head. Your arms should be bent and positioned at a 90 degree angle.
- Slowly move your head down towards your legs and crunch your upper torso. Focus on tightening your abdominal muscles and pause at the bottom of the movement.
- After a short pause, slowly return to your original position.
- Repeat exercise for the suggested number of repetitions.
* Photos and video from © Bodybuilding.com