Abdominal toe touches (or ab toe touchers) can be done at home or in the gym. No equipment is required and they’re an excellent isolation movement for improving core strength and defining your abs.
How to do Abdominal Toe Touches:
- Lie down on the floor or find an exercise mat. Place your arms at your sides with your palms facing down.
- Keeping your legs pressed together, slowly elevate them in the air until they’re almost perpendicular to the floor. Keep a slight bend in your knees and raise your arms up so that they’re fully extended at a 45 degree angle from the floor and pointing towards the ceiling.
- Keeping your lower back tight against the floor, slowly raise your torso up and use your hands to reach for your toes.
- Slowly lower your body and arms back down to the starting position while keeping your arms pointed upward.
- Repeat exercise for the suggested amount of repetitions.
* Photos and video from © Bodybuilding.com