Cable curls can be done with either a bar or rope. Using a rope, your hands will be in the “hammer curl” position, which places slightly more emphasis on the long (outer) head of the bicep.
How to do Cable Hammer Curls (Rope):
- Attach a rope on the cable machine and drop the pulley as low as possible. Stand about one foot away from machine, facing towards it.
- Grip the rope with the knots resting on top of your closed fists. Standing straight, keep the natural arch of the back and your torso stationary.
- Keep your elbows tight by your side, moving only your forearms with each motion.
- Using your biceps, pull your arms up until your biceps touch your forearms.
- Rest/pause at the top of each contraction with your biceps, slowly bring the weight back to the original position.
- Repeat for the recommended number of repetitions.
* Photos and video from © Bodybuilding.com