Cable bicep curls can be done with either a bar or rope. Using a straight (or curl) bar, your hands will be in a traditional bicep curl position which evenly targets both the inner and outer bicep heads.
How to do Standing Cable Bicep Curls:
- Attach a straight (or curl) bar to the cable machine and drop the pulley as low as possible. Stand about one foot away, facing towards it.
- Stand up with your torso upright while holding a straight / curl bar. Grab the cable bar at shoulder width and keep your elbows close to the torso. The palm of your hands should be facing up
- While holding the upper arms stationary, curl the weights towards you while contracting the biceps as you breathe out. Only the forearms should move. Continue the movement until your biceps are fully contracted and the bar is at shoulder level. Hold the contracted position for a second as you squeeze the muscle.
- Slowly bring the bar back to starting position as your breathe in.
- Repeat for the suggested amount of repetitions.
* Photos and video from © Bodybuilding.com