Dumbbell shoulder presses are an excellent movement for targeting the deltoids, putting the most emphasis on the front and side delts. A great exercise for strengthening and defining the shoulders.
: Strength, Toning
How to do Dumbbell Shoulder Press:
- Find an exercise bench with back support and select the appropriate dumbells. Facing forward grab the two dumbbells and let them rest on your thighs, holding them firmly in your hands.
- Raise the dumbbells with the palms of your hands facing forward until your arms are fully extended above your head, never locking them out completely and always keep a slight bend in the elbow.
- Pause at the top of each motion, then lower the dumbbells to the original position. You can either rotate the palms of your hands towards you at the bottom of the movement, or keep them in their original outward position.
- Repeat for the recommended number of repetitions.
* Photos and video from © Bodybuilding.com