The leg press is an excellent compound movement that targets all of the upper legs. Completed with a machine, it puts the most emphasis on your quads, but also hits the hamstrings and glutes (butt).
: Strength, Toning
How to do Machine Leg Press:
- Set your desired weight on the leg press machine. Most require you to load plates, but some machines allow you to choose lockable, preset weights.
- Sit down on the machine and place your legs on the platform in front of you at a shoulder width foot stance.
- Dislodge the safety bars holding the weighted platform in place and press the platform, using your heels all the way up until your legs are fully extended in front of you, but never locking your legs (always keep a slight bend in your knee)
- Lower the platform until your upper and lower legs make a 90-degree angle.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
- After each set, make sure to properly lock the machine for safety.
* Photos and video from © Bodybuilding.com