Scissor jumps (also known as lunge jumps) are a compound plyometric movement that targets the quads, glutes and hamstrings. Easy to do and very effective for toning and sculpting the legs and butt.
: Toning, Sculpting
How to do Lunge / Scissor Jumps:
- Place one foot forward with your knee bent, and your rear knee nearly touching the ground (in the lunge position).
- Make sure the front knee is bent forward and above the middle of the foot. Pushing with both legs, jump as high as you can, swinging your arms to gain lift.
- As you jump in the air, switch the position of your legs, moving your front leg to the back and the rear leg to the front.
- Return back to the lunge position and repeat for the recommended number of reps.
* Photos from © Bodybuilding.com