Shoulder presses can be done with either a machine or free weights. They’re an excellent movement to hit all the major heads of the deltoids. Some shoulder press machines are angled, others are vertical.
How to do Seated Machine Shoulder Press:
- Adjust the weight on the machine accordingly. Some machines may require you to load the plates yourself – while others will use a simple plate locking system.
- Grab the handles to your sides and keep your elbows bent and in line with your torso. This will be your starting position.
- Lift as you extend your arms fully above you. At the top of the position make sure that you hold the contraction for a moment.
- Lower the handles slowly back to the position you started.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
* Photos and video from © Bodybuilding.com