Stiff legged dumbbell deadlifts are an excellent exercise for targeting your hamstrings and glutes (butt). They help to strengthen, define and tighten the back of your legs – and also hit the lower back.
: Strength, Toning
How to do Stiff Legged Dumbbell Deadlifts:
- Select appropriate weight dumbbells and hold them by your side, letting them fall at arm’s length.
- Stand with your torso straight and your legs shoulder width apart, keeping the knees slightly bent.
- Bending at the waist while keeping your back straight, lower the dumbbells towards the ground, guiding them along your shins, but not touching.
- Bring your torso up straight again by extending your hips and waist (squeezing the glutes) until you are standing upright. Pause at the bottom and top of each movement.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
* Photos and video from © Bodybuilding.com